IN A PERFECT WORLD....

Sunday, December 24, 2006

WHEN DID I ADOPT MURPHY????

I understand that this is the holiday season, and with this joyous time comes some stress. But did Mr. Murphy have to visit and then decide to stay with me forever???!!! I know people, kids like to stay over my house, but did it have to be Mr. Murphy this month??? Do you know Mr. Murphy?? Has he also visited you?? You know who he is--the guy who made that law--"everything that can go wrong, will"!!!

It's Sunday morning-CHRISTMAS EVE DAY-and it's already started out wonderful (she says with a hint of sarcasm). First off, I was supposed to go to Wal-Marts about midnight last night. Well, didn't make it. Fell asleep and woke up at 5:30 this morning!! Now I have to wait for my husband to get home from work at 1pm to go---URGH!!! So I thought I'd get a jump on my cleaning and cooking. I boiled elbow macaroni for a macaroni salad and left it to cool. I couldn't keep my cat from jumping on the counter, got mad and hurried to make it. The thing is, I am also making a tri-colored pasta salad with Italian dressing. Well, Mr. Murphy decided to help me cook. I put the Italian dressing on the elbow macaroni--that was supposed to have mayonaisse on it!!!! Well, my birdies have a special treat waiting for them when they have breakfast today. Now the second pot of maccaroni is boiling away!!!

This is just the lastest in a string of things that have happened this week: car went to the garage Tuesday, couldn't find the special gift I wanted, husband blew a surprise I had hidden in his closest for my daughter, kids called out at work and some just didn't show up for their shift, forgot special ingredient for cookies, ran out of gift tags so I had to stop wrapping, the list is endless. I guess everyone goes through this, but one year I would love to not have to say "WHY ME??".

Well, like my Mom would tell me, "Christmas is coming no matter what. It will be here in a few hours and things have a way of working out. It's not the end of the world, people will be happy and it will be a success at the end of the day". I guess she is right.

The most important thing to remember is: love. LOVE: of your family and friends. LOVE: that you feel in the room when you walk in and see those special people. LOVE: the way your heart feels when you hug someone you have missed. LOVE: When you see Gramma Mazie, who's 88 yrs. and still going strong. LOVE: when you steal a look at your children and realize how great the depth of your love is for them. LOVE: when you see your husband of 22 yrs. and know that you would marry him all over again. LOVE: for all living things on this great big/small planet of ours. LOVE: for your fellow man.

My Christnmas wish for you all: that you have the love in your heart that I have for all of you. May you be blessed with hope, happiness and LOVE this holiday season.

I love you.
Have a great day, and stay safe.
Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home